If there was ever to be a remake to the Age of Empires series, then this would be it. Here’s how to install 0 A.D. in Ubuntu.
0 A.D. is a free and open source real-time strategy game. It is currently developed by Wildfire Games. The game is set in the years between 500 B.C. and 500 A.D. – Fans of Age of Empires will feel right at home with this title. As gameplay is similar between the 2 games.
In 0 A.D. you play as 1 of the 6 civilizations. These are the Carthaginians, Celts, Hellenes, Iberians, Persians, and Romans. As you would expect, the gameplay is like most RTS games. With the end goal to have the largest army and to dominate the opponent. To do this, you will have to collect resources. This allows you to build buildings and units. At the same time, you will have to manage the economy and all your resources of your civilization.
How to install 0 A.D. for Ubuntu and receive all updates.
- To start installing 0 A.D. you will need to open the terminal up. You can either use the hotkeys Ctrl + Alt + T. Or you can search for ‘terminal’ in the Unity Dash menu.
- Type the following command into the terminal to add the package to your package list.
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:wfg/0ad
- Enter your password to authorize the installation when prompted.
- With the package added, you can now update your package list with the command.
sudo apt-get update
- Once the packages have updated you can install the game with the command.
sudo apt-get install 0ad
- When 0 A.D. has finished installing, you can then run it from the Unity Dash menu.