Keeping Ubuntu optimized is a breeze with Stacer the Ubuntu system optimizer. Here’s how you can install Stacer and boost your performance.
Stacer is a free and open-source app designed to keep Ubuntu running at it’s best. It manages to do this by cleaning out unwanted system files. It also gives you access to advanced system settings that help boost performance.
The application breaks down into 5 main segments. The first is the Dashboard, where you can see an overview of your system and its current health. Secondly, you have the system cleaner. This option allows you to find and remove unwanted cache files, crash reports, and system logs.
The Startup Apps tab allows you to choose which apps will run when Ubuntu Starts. This feature helps to boost your Ubuntu boot times. Next is the Services menu. This allows you to start and stop any services you may or may not want running. And finally is the Uninstaller. As the name suggests, this option gives you a simple way to remove any unwanted packages on your system.
Armed with the tools available in Stacer Ubuntu System Optimizer. You should have no trouble in freeing up system space and boosting system performance.
How to install Stacer for Ubuntu 16.04
- To begin installing Stacer, first, download the installation package. it’s available from the Stacer release page. You will need either the i386 or amd64 version depending on your system. For simplicity, we have saved the installation package to our ‘home’ directory.
- Next, run the command below on the downloaded package. You can open a new terminal window by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T or search for ‘terminal’ in the Unity Dash menu.
For Ubuntu 16.04 x86
sudo dpkg --install Stacer_1.0.1_i386.deb
For Ubuntu 16.04 x64
sudo dpkg --install Stacer_1.0.1_amd64.deb
- Enter your password when prompted. This will authorize the installation.
- Once the package has installed, you can run Stacer by either typing ‘Stacer’ into the terminal. Or you can search for ‘Stacer’ in the Unity Dash menu.
How to uninstall Stacer from Ubuntu 16.04
- To uninstall Stacer, run the following command into a new terminal window.
sudo apt-get --purge remove Stacer